Types of Cowley College
These scholarships are available to Kansas residents only. However, athletic scholarships are available to out-of-state students. Students may accept only ONE Institutional scholarship.
- ACT Scholarship -
Awarded to students who receive 3.0 – 3.99
cumulative GPA in high school along with receiving at least a 26
or higher ACT composite. This scholarship covers full tuition and
books for up to four semesters.
- Trustee Scholarships - For students who received a 4.0 cumulative
final GPA in high school. The scholarship covers full tuition
and books for up to four semesters.
Awarded to students who receive a 3.50 - 3.99 cumulative GPA in high
school. This scholarship covers tuition to a max of $1,000 for four
- Dean's Scholarship -
Awarded to students who received a 3.0 - 3.49 cumulative GPA in high
school. This scholarship covers tuition to a max of $500 for four
- Departmental Scholarships - Must enroll in courses specified by the scholarship. The scholarship covers full tuition and possibly books per semester.
- Activity Scholarships - Students must receive a 2.5 GPA in high school and maintain a 2.5 GPA. The scholarship covers full tuition and possibly books per semester.
- Varsity Athletic Scholarships -
Pays tuition and books to Kansas residents only. Out-of-state students
should contact individual coaches for scholarship details.
- Tiger Academic Scholarship - Must have a 3.0 GPA and live in a Cowley dormitory while enrolled and promote school spirit. The scholarship covers full tuition and books.
Cowley College Foundation Scholarships
To receive a Cowley College Foundation scholarship, students are required to maintain a GPA specified by the scholarship and be enrolled full-time. Cowley College Foundation scholarship requirements are outlined in the acceptance contract students sign prior to receiving funds. These scholarships are available to in-state, out-of-state and International students. Cowley College Foundation scholarships may be combined with Institutional scholarships.
ACT and Trustee scholars will be awarded $500 toward first semester dorm expense.
Any dorm resident who earns a 3.5 GPA for the semester will be awarded $500 toward the following semester's dorm expense.
To view of list of scholarships offered by other institutions, such as banks, organizations and clubs, go to Scholarships from Other Sources.