Steps to enroll
- Apply for Benefits.
- Complete the Cowley College Application.
- Determine testing needs by contacting the Military Services Advisory at Cowley College.
- Enroll in classes at Cowley College.
- Request any official transcripts from your high school, GED, and/ or previous colleges that you have attended.
- Complete the Cowley College Intent to Enroll Form.
- Review the Veteran Education Benefits Standard of Progress Policy.
- Send CEO to Military Services Advisor.
Request any official transcripts from your high school, GED, and/ or previous colleges that you have attended.
Applicants under Chapter 33 (Spouse and Dependents)
- New applicants complete VA Form 22-1990e, or
- Transfer students complete VA Form 1995e
- Submit your certificate of eligibility to the Military Services Advisory at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants under Chapter 35 (Survivors/Dependents)
- New applicants complete VA Form 22-5490, or
- Transfer students complete VA Form 5495
- Provide Veterans VA File Number (Service member's social security number).
- Submit your certificate of eligibility to the Military Services Advisor at Cowley College.
- For more information about the Transfer Post 9/11 GI Bill to Spouse and Dependents, go to va.gov/education.
Prior to requesting MyCAA financial assistance (FA), military spouses are required to develop an Education and Training (E&T) Plan, and upload it to their MyCAA Account for approval by a MyCAA Career and Education Consultant. This package may contain several pages of information. The Military Services Coordinator will assist you with the Education and Training (E&T) Plan so the funding will be approved for benefits. Please schedule an appointment.
- Correct name of school and campus location
- School’s website URL (for plans that are copied from a school website)
- All courses (or the block of study) for which MyCAA financial assistance will be used
(include course names/titles/codes).
- NOTE: Only courses listed in the spouse’s Education & Training (E&T) plan will be approved for MyCAA funding. Be sure to list a range of possible “elective” courses that meet academic requirements. Once approved, spouses cannot add additional courses to their plan.
Acceptable Source Formats:
- School letterhead with program of study course information, OR
- School brochure with program of study course information, OR
- School’s course catalog (pertinent pages only) that clearly identifies school name, OR
- School’s website (pertinent pages only) that clearly identifies school name (e.g. URL), OR
- School’s Student Education Plan with program of study information
Acceptable File Formats:
- Word Document (.doc)
- Excel Spreadsheet (.xls)
- PDF (.pdf)
NOTE: Once spouses have uploaded their plan into their MyCAA Account, a MyCAA Career and Education Consultant will review and approve the E&T Plan to confirm it:
- Leads to a recognized license, certificate, certification or Associate’s degree (not in General Studies or Liberal Arts).
- Contains coursework that will help the spouse pursue gainful employment in a Portable Career Field and Occupation.
Spouses will receive a notice in their MyCAA Account Message Box when their plan is approved. Approval can take up to 14 calendar days. Remember to request MyCAA financial assistance (FA) on a course-by-course basis after the E&T plan is approved and course start/end dates are known.