Current Students

Hey, Tigers! We want to make your experience at Cowley the best ever. So, we've added key information here that most likely every student will need at one point during this time in Tiger Territory (and some fun stuff, too!) We want you to feel confident in your journey towards a degree.
Registrar Info Request Your Transcript Parking Sticker Application

Move In & Orientation Day Info

student at dorm storm move in day

Dorm Storm Date & Process

Dorm Storm Check-In
August 10, 2024
9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Check-in at the Nelson Student Center

**If the assigned move-in day does not work for the resident, prior approval for early arrivals must be approved by the Director of Housing. The cost is $15 a day for room only (no meals provided) unless necessary for a college-sponsored reason.

Students are NOT to move in any personal items until all steps have been completed and all forms are submitted to the Dorm Manager.

  • Students MUST first check in at the Nelson Student Center and receive their Dorm Storm Passport.
  • After checking in at the Nelson Student Center, students can either complete their Dorm Storm Passport and then move into their building or they will check in with their building manager at their assigned dorm then complete their Dorm Storm Passport.

Dorm Storm Day Events

  • Optional Parent Meeting at 2:00 pm in the Brown Center Theatre
  • Dorm Storm Cookout at 5:00 pm at the McAtee Dining Center
  • Mandatory Dorm Meeting at 7:00 pm in the Brown Center Theatre
*Bring a pen to the Dorm Meeting
*Prizes will be awarded for completed Dorm Storm Passports returned

Student Housing
orientation meeting in the brown center

Big Day Orientation

August 12, 2024
8:00 am to 2:00 pm in the Brown Center Theater

  • Check-In for Big Day Orientation will take place in the Brown Center Wright Room.
  • Students should be enrolled in the orientation course and orientation breakout sessions prior to this day.
  • Big Day Orientation is a day for new students to learn the in's and out's of Cowley College.
  • Students will start the day by meeting the Cowley College administration team and a Welcome to Cowley message from the college president.
  • Students will take a campus tour, attend breakout sessions, and meet their advisor.
  • Lunch, t-shirt and a folder will be provided.

Campus Map
airport scene

Can I get a ride from the airport?

Cowley College offers students transportation to and from the Wichita Airport at the beginning and end of each semester.

Shuttle dates will be posted in advance on the transportation sign up page. The college airport transportation service will be $10 per person, per trip. You must fully complete the online credit card payment when you sign up using our online form or a seat will not be held for you.

Students are required to sign up online at least one week before their flight to guarantee a seat. Individualized transportation will not be arranged.

If the college airport transportation schedule does not accommodate the flight schedule of a student, other transportation arrangements are the responsibility of the student.

Sign Up For Transportation

fun places to study on campus

Amphitheater Lawn
Webb Brown lobby
Webb-Brown Lobby
Tiger deli lounge
Tiger Deli Lounge
Computer lab
Tiger Learning Center

Graduation Details

If you are graduating soon, be sure to check out all the you need to know below.

Students must fill out the application to graduate by the following dates:

  • Oct. 1 for Fall degree completion
  • March 1 for Spring degree completion
  • July 1 for Summer degree completion
Log into Cowley Connect

You must complete a Degree Application form for Graduation. Log into your Cowley Connect account to find the Degree Application form. You will find the application under the Graduation tab.

It is the student's responsibility to see that graduation requirements are met.

Students must complete a written application to graduate and file it in the Registrar's Office by the following dates:

  • October 1 for fall degree completion
  • March 1 for spring degree completion
  • July 1 for summer degree completion

Students must be a high school or GED graduate to qualify for an associate degree.

Cowley College awards the Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of General Studies, Associate of Applied Science degrees, and the College Certificate.

Those receiving the associate degree are expected to demonstrate the ability to communicate both orally and in writing, possess knowledge of mathematics and the physical world, and be aware of past and present cultures.

Associate Degrees

Cowley College offers various courses specifically designed for transfer. This enables students to complete their first two years of coursework leading toward a bachelor’s degree in virtually any field of study at a four-year college or university. The keys to a successful transfer are planning immediately and selecting your coursework carefully. Cowley College academic advisors are available to help students develop an educational plan.

To qualify for either the degree or certificate at Cowley College, a student must complete a minimum of fifteen (15) credit hours at Cowley College, which counts toward the degree or certificate. Developmental courses cannot be used to fulfill degree requirements.

The Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degrees as listed may not meet the Transfer and Articulation Agreement requirement.

Students who plan to complete an associate's degree and transfer as a junior in their major should achieve the following goals:

  1. Complete the Associate in Arts (AA) or Associate in Science (AS) degree.
  2. The general education requirements and graduation requirements for these degrees are described in this section.
  3. Fulfill the lower-division (freshman/sophomore-level courses) general education requirements of the institution you plan to attend.
  4. Every four-year college or university has different general education requirements. Transfer guides summarizing these requirements for the colleges and universities popular with Cowley College students are available on the Cowley College Web site. Students should consult the catalog and/or contact the intended transfer institution for additional information about other schools. If you select your general education coursework carefully, you can satisfy the general education requirements for both Cowley College and the transfer institution.
  5. Fulfill the lower-division requirements in your major field of study.
  6. You should familiarize yourself with the criteria for admission into the specific program major at the college where you plan to transfer. In many cases, specific lower-division coursework is required. Ask for transfer guides for specific majors and/or consult the catalog of your transfer school.
  7. When you are ready to transfer, obtain a Request for Transcript form from the Registrar or Admissions Office.
  8. Complete the form requesting that your Cowley College coursework transcript be sent to your transfer school. Be sure to verify that your transfer institution has received the transcript. If you experience difficulty transferring any of your courses, contact the Registrar.

Generally, when a college official intercedes on behalf of the student, they can facilitate the resolution of transfer problems. Students must work with their advisors to ensure proper credit transfer to private and public four-year colleges and universities located out of state.

Associate in Arts Degree (AA)

This degree is designed to specifically meet the student's educational objectives and needs through the completion of the general education distribution requirement. The courses are equivalent to lower-division courses offered at Kansas Regent's universities.

Associate in Science Degree (AS)

This degree is designed to prepare students for transfer with advanced standing to 4-year colleges or universities. These programs are for students who plan to major in a science-related discipline.

Associate of General Studies (AGS)

This degree is designed to allow students to develop knowledge, skills, attitudes, and a greater philosophical appreciation for lifelong learning.

Associate of Applied Science (AAS)

This degree is designed to prepare students for entry into an occupation or closely related cluster of occupations. The objective of the AAS degree is to enhance employment opportunities.

General Education Core Curriculum

The general education core curriculum constitutes that part of an undergraduate education that develops breadth of knowledge and the expressive skills essential to more complex and in-depth learning throughout life. To develop breadth of knowledge, general education courses acquaint students with the methods of inquiry of the various academic disciplines and the different ways these disciplines view the world. The academic disciplines comprising the general education curriculum are the physical and life sciences, the humanities and fine arts, the social and behavioral sciences, and interdisciplinary combinations of these.

To develop expressive skills, the general education curriculum requires courses that enhance written and oral communication and quantitative reasoning skills. The foundation skills of communication (reading, writing, speaking, and listening), critical thinking and analysis/synthesis, quantification, and the use of resources (including technology and the library) are to be embedded in every general education course.

Transfer & Articulation Agreements

A transfer and articulation agreement exists between Kansas community colleges and the regents universities in the state. A student should complete the following requirements in order to ensure transfer to a regent university in the state of Kansas.

A minimum of forty-five (45) credit hours of general education with distribution in the following fields will be required. General education hours totaling less than forty-five (45) credit hours will be accepted, but transfer students must complete the remainder of the requirements before graduation from the receiving institution.

Basic Skills

Twelve (12) credit hours:

  • English Composition I and II — 6 hours
  • Public Speaking — 3 hours
  • College Algebra or higher level — 3 hours

Twelve (12) credit hours from at least three of the following departments:

  • Art*
  • History
  • Literature
  • Modern Languages
  • Music*
  • Philosophy
  • Theatre*

*Studio and performance courses are excluded.

Social and Behavioral Science

Twelve (12) credit hours from at least three of the following departments:

  • Anthropology
  • Economics
  • Geography
  • Political Science
  • Psychology
  • Sociology
Natural and Physical Science

Nine (9) credit hours from at least two departments:

  • Biology
  • Chemistry
  • Geology
  • Physical Science
Graduation Eligibility
  • How do I know if I am eligible to graduate?
    Candidates for graduation must meet all academic requirements. All graduation candidates must
    complete a degree application to graduate.
  • How do I apply for graduation?
    Degree Applications are available through your Tiger Connect Account on the Graduation Tab. Look under "Apply for My Degree Online."
  • Is there a deadline to submit my degree application?
    Yes, degree applications must be submitted by the following dates; October 1 for fall degree completion, March 1 for spring degree completion and July 1 for summer degree completion.
  • Do I have to pay a fee to graduate?
    No. Cowley College does not charge a fee to graduate. Graduation candidates who choose to participate in the Commencement Ceremony will be charged $30 for the cap, gown and tassel. The $30 apparel fee must be paid in full at the Cowley Bookstore prior to receiving your commencement apparel.
About Commencement
  • What is Commencement?
    Commencement is the formal ceremony which recognizes and celebrates graduation candidates. Students, who completed degree requirements in July and December, as well as those who expect to complete their requirements in May and July, will be invited to participate in the Spring Commencement Ceremony.
  • When is Commencement?
    Commencement is Saturday, May 4, 2024. There will be one ceremony at 10:00 a.m. for all Degrees and Technical Certificates.
  • Where will Commencement be held?
    Commencement will be held at the W.S. Scott Auditorium located at the corner of 2nd Street and Fifth Avenue on the main campus in Arkansas City. Check the master calendar for the exact date.
  • Are tickets required for graduates or guests?
    Tickets are not required of graduates or their guests. You may invite as many guests as you wish to the Commencement Ceremony, seating will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Doors will open to the public 90 minutes prior to the ceremony. Individuals needing special parking and seating accommodations, should plan to arrive 30 minutes in advance as this space is limited. All guests should be seated 10 minutes prior to the ceremony for the start of the academic procession which begins 5 minutes before the hour.
  • How long does the Commencement Ceremony last?
    The Commencement Ceremony will last at least one hour.
Participating in Commencement
  • Is there a fee to participate in the Commencement Ceremony?
    Graduation candidates who choose to participate in the Commencement Ceremony will be charged $30 for the cap, gown and tassel. The $30 apparel fee must be paid in full at the Cowley Bookstore prior to receiving your commencement apparel. The Cowley Bookstore accepts cash, check and all major credit cards.
  • Will there be a rehearsal for the Commencement Ceremony?
    No. Candidates for graduation will receive instructions immediately preceding the Commencement Ceremony.
  • When and where do I go for the processional line-up?
    Report to the Brown Center Theatre at 9:10 a.m. College staff will be on hand to assist you with finding your assigned seat. ONLY graduates will be allowed to enter the theatre. All graduates must be in their seats 20 minutes prior to the ceremony start time for final announcements and instructions. The academic procession will begin promptly 5 minutes prior to the ceremony start time, leading all graduates to the W.S. Scott Auditorium for the Commencement Ceremony.
  • Where can I leave my belongings during the Commencement ceremony?
    Please be aware that Cowley College is unable to provide storage space to hold candidates' personal belongings on the day of Commencement. Please only bring your cap, gown and tassel.
  • Will I be recognized individually at Commencement?
    All graduation candidates will process across the stage to be recognized individually. Actual diplomas will be mailed at a later date.
  • Will my name be in the Commencement Program?
    The program will list the names of all students who have completed the degree application and been approved for graduation. Your name will be listed as it exists in your student record. If you have changes to your name, please contact the Registrar’s Office to be sure the correct information was included on your Degree Application. The Commencement Program is sent to the printer several weeks prior to the ceremony, and changes to the program will not be accepted after that time.
  • Will my picture be taken at Commencement?
    Cowley College has contracted with an independent photography company that will take pictures of graduates as they receive their diploma covers. Following graduation, graduates will receive information directly from the photography company about the option to purchase photos.
Cap, Gown and Tassel
  • How do I order my cap, gown and tassel?
    When you submit your degree application, you will be asked to indicate whether or not you plan to participate in the Commencement Ceremony. If you answer YES to this question, a cap, gown and tassel will be automatically ordered for you.
  • When and where can I pick up my cap, gown and tassel?
    Commencement apparel will be available for pickup approximately two weeks preceding the Commencement Ceremony. Commencement apparel will be available for pickup at the Cowley location you requested on your degree application; either the Arkansas City Bookstore, Mulvane Campus, Sumner Campus, or the Wichita Downtown Center. Delivery to outreach Cowley locations is free of charge but you must contact the Cowley Bookstore in advance to pay the $30 apparel fee. Please contact the Cowley Bookstore to make delivery and payment arrangements.
  • Can my cap, gown and tassel be shipped to me?
    Yes. For an additional $7.95, commencement apparel can be shipped to the graduate via UPS Ground. Contact the Cowley Bookstore at (620) 441-5277 to arrange for shipment of your commencement apparel.
  • What is the cost for my cap, gown and tassel?
    Graduates participating in the Commencement Ceremony will be charged $30 for the cap, gown and tassel. The $30 apparel fee must be paid in full at the Cowley Bookstore prior to receiving your commencement apparel. The Cowley Bookstore accepts cash, check and all major credit cards.
  • Which side do I wear my tassel on?
    Before graduating, your tassel should be placed on your right. After all graduates are individually recognized, you will be instructed to move your tassel to the left.
  • Am I required to return my cap, gown and tassel after the Commencement Ceremony?
    No. Graduates are not required to return their cap, gown and tassel following the Commencement Ceremony.
Special Accommodations

Graduates attending the Commencement Ceremony who need special accommodations should contact the Student Accessibility manager. Individuals needing special parking and seating accommodations, should plan to arrive 30 minutes prior to commencement as this space is limited.

  • How do I determine if I am eligible to graduate with honors?
    Honor Graduates are those Associate Degree candidates who have achieved a cumulative grade point average of 3.75 or better and have completed at least 30 credit hours of Cowley College course work. All honor graduates will receive their honor cords with their cap, gown and tassel. Honors at the time of Commencement are based on the fall term. Honors earned after the spring term will be awarded after commencement. If you have questions concerning your eligibility to graduate with honors, please contact the Registrar’s Office.
  • How do I obtain an honor stole for the honor society, Phi Theta Kappa, of which I am a member?
    Graduating members of Phi Theta Kappa who have maintained a 3.25 grade point average are given the honor of wearing the Phi Theta Kappa honor stole at graduation. You may purchase your own personal stole to keep at or rent the stole from the local Phi Theta Kappa chapter for a $25 deposit check. After graduation, if the stole is returned in the same condition in which it was rented out, the $25 check is returned to the student. Contact PTK Sponsor Jennifer Rupp to reserve your stole.
Graduation Announcements
  • Are graduation announcements available to purchase?
    The Cowley Bookstore has contracted with CB Announcements to provide graduates with quality personalized graduation announcements. Graduates may order by phone at (800) 433-0296 or online at For your convenience, announcement samples are on display at the Ark City Bookstore, Wichita Downtown Center, Mulvane Center and can also be viewed online.
  • When will I receive my diploma?
    Graduates will NOT receive a diploma at the Commencement Ceremony. All diplomas will be mailed approximately 6-8 weeks after degree completion. ALL ACCOUNTS MUST BE SETTLED IN FULL BEFORE DIPLOMAS CAN BE RELEASED AND TRANSCRIPTS SENT.
  • Who can I contact if I have questions about Commencement?
    If you have additional questions about Commencement that have not been addressed on this page, feel free to e-mail the Registrar’s Office.
Links Department Contact
Resources Campus Resources Student Life 620-441-5206
Voter Registration Student Life 620-441-5290
Community Resources Administration 620-441-5234
Clubs & Organizations Student Life 620-441-5290
Textbook Information Bookstore 620-441-5277
International Students Admissions 620-441-5274
Copyrighted Materials Marketing 620-441-6503
Concerns or Suggestions Student Services 620-441-5206
Tuition, Fees, & Financial Aid Cost of Attendance Admissions 620-442-0430
Refunds - Policy 410 Admissions 620-442-0430
Financial Aid Financial Aid 620-441-5304
Title IV Repayment Financial Aid 620-441-5304
Academic Progress - Policy 433 Financial Aid 620-441-5304
Student Loan Terms Financial Aid 620-441-5304
Net Price Calculator Financial Aid 620-441-5304
Withdrawing from Classes Registrar 620-441-5241
Student Services Accessibility Services Student Services 620-441-5557
FERPA Rights Registrar 620-441-5241
Information & Statistics Maps & Directions Admissions 620-442-0430
Accreditation & Licensure Academics 620-441-5238
Graduation Rates Institutional Effectiveness 620-441-5311
Faculty & Staff Human Resources 620-441-5214
Policies & Procedures Student Affairs Policies Administration 620-441-5234
Student Status Procedures Registrar 620-441-5241
Student Complaint Process Academics 620-441-5238
Academics Programs & Degrees Academics 620-441-5238
Transfer Information Academics 620-441-5238
Athletics Athletic Institution Data Athletics 620-442-0430
Athlete Graduation Rates Institutional Effectiveness 620-441-5311
Campus Security Security Information Campus Security 620-441-5599
Clery Act Information Campus Security 620-441-5599
Report a Campus Incident/Crime Campus Security 620-441-5599
Sex Offender & Criminal Information Campus Security 620-441-5599
Drug & Alcohol Abuse Prevention Drug-Free Workplace Student Services 620-441-5557
Understanding Drug Abuse & Addiction Student Services 620-441-5557

Departmental Emails:

Admissions —

Financial Aid —

Registrar —

Bookstore —

Academics —


Human Resources —


Phone: 620-441-5241

Fax: 620-441-5350

Secretary - Registrar Office
Secretary - Registrar Office