Student of the Month
Recognized for her involvement on campus and excellence in the classroom, sophomore Daniela Salcedo was recently named the Cowley College November 2023 Student of the Month.
Salcedo has lived in Arkansas City for the past 10 years and graduated from Arkansas City High School in 2022. At ACHS, she was involved in band, concert band, AC Players, Arkettes, Ark Highs, Usherettes, cheer, symphonic choir, and the National Honor Society.
Her parents are Raul Gonzales and Maria Salcedo. She has a brother, David Gonzales, 15, and two sisters, Isabella Gonzales, 16, and Victoria Gonzales, 9.
“Money was a big factor in my coming to Cowley, but I also knew a lot of the staff at the college,” Salcedo said. “Cowley is also very community involved, which I liked.”
Take time to NOMINATE an outstanding student now! Nominations must be received by the 5th of the month. To be considered, the student must meet the following criteria:
- Must have established a cumulative grade point average of 3.25 or higher on 31 or more credit hours.
- Must be enrolled full time.
- Must be an outstanding citizen.
The submission form will request the following information:
- Nominee name
- Nominator name and email
- Why it is believed that the student is a good candidate for student of the month
- How the student serves as a role model for others
- List of activities outside the classroom
- List of honors and awards
- Other comments can be provided but are not required
To nominate a student, log into Cowley Connect and find the "Student of the Month Nomination" page linked from the left sidebar under the INTRANET tab.