Child Care & Development
Degree and Certificate program
This degree is recommended for those who prefer to work with children from birth through age eight in a child care and development setting, such as in-home child care or a child care facility. A child care development degree is also recommended for those seeking an upper-level position within child care, such as director of a center.
DEVELOPMENT. EDUCATION. CARE.
Upon completion, our Associate of Applied Science in Child Care and Development will qualify you to direct a center of 100 children as well as teach or administrate in childcare centers. With an associate degree in Child Care and Development, you can start a career as a childcare director, childcare teacher, or special education paraprofessional.
- Dedicated faculty with a passion for teaching and the process of learning
- Cutting edge program ready to empower you to meet the demands and needs of today’s world
- Hands-on curriculum that will allow you to start building the tools needed for the career field
- State of Kansas Early Learning Standards are embedded in Cowley’s curriculum
- Professional development opportunities throughout the program, i.e. Cowley C.A.R.E Conference, KAEYC, Early Learning Leaders.
- High quality online classes with qualified instructors
- echnology in the classroom: Computer technology
- A hands-on, interactive, fun, play-based approach to learning with a purpose
- Every day provides new and different learning opportunities
- Face to face and online coursework to accommodate working schedules
- Collaborate with Early Childhood Associate Apprenticeship Program and Industry