Social Work Transfer

student studying on the lawn

Help people function their best in different environments
Bachelor’s degree programs in Social Work prepares students for careers in public and private agencies such as child welfare agencies, housing agencies, rehabilitation agencies, the mental health field and other helping fields. After completing your bachelor’s degree in Social Work (BSW), social workers are encouraged to take the state board test to be licensed (LBSW). After licensing, social workers are able to find employment in numerous agencies and with the state government.


At Cowley College, we offer a two-year program that prepares students to transfer to a four-year university and get a degree in Social Work. This program is for students who want to help others and work in the field of social work.

Before transferring, students need to finish the Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree. But depending on the university they want to transfer to, they may have to take more classes. It's important to know that getting into social work programs can be tough, so just taking the recommended classes doesn't guarantee admission. These classes are for students who haven't chosen a university yet.

View Degree Details

Social workers use their time and skills to find solutions to social issues in the US. With a bachelor's degree in social work, students can work for public and private agencies like child welfare, housing, rehabilitation, and mental health.

After getting a bachelor's degree in Social Work (BSW), students can take a state board test to become licensed (LBSW). This allows them to work in different agencies and for the state government.

If you want to make a positive impact on people's lives and create a better world, the Social Work Transfer program at Cowley College is the perfect fit for you. We invite you to join us and pursue a fulfilling and rewarding career in social work.


entrance to webb-brown academic center

125 S 2nd St
Arkansas City, KS 67005

student on a laptop

This program can be completed online.

Kansas Promise Act logoLearn For Free
Kansas residents can earn scholarship dollars to cover expenses and learn for free by completing an eligible associate degree or certificate under the Kansas Promise Act Scholarship. Contact the Scholarships Department to find out more about the Kansas Promise Act Scholarship.

Meet Your Instructors & Staff

Faculty - Social Science
Faculty - Social Science
Faculty - Social Science